Over 35 years ago, David Nixon,CMC® began advising independent funeral home owners. David founded Nixon Consulting, Inc. in 2003, continuing to advise funeral home owners on pricing, profit, and planning.
In 2013 David earned the Certified Management Consultant® designation by the Institute of Management Consultants, USA, an ISO/IEC 17024 Certifying Body, and the U.S. affiliate of the 48 nation International Council of Management Consulting Institutes. Fewer than 1% of all active consultants have earned this designation.
His entire career has focused on funeral service; from a field representative for a national funeral home accounting firm to one of its owners and leaders.
As a consultant and advisor to independent funeral home owners, David helped more than 100 clients prepare for the FTC Funeral Rule implementation in 1984 and the Amended Funeral Rule in 1994. He is one of the most frequent inquirers to the FTC pertaining to compliance questions and clarifications.
David specializes in funeral home financial analysis, preparing working budgets, complete pricing itemization, and building profitable funeral packages, plus merchandise selection and mark-up guides.
- Consultant to funeral directors for over 30 years
- Preparer of thousands of profitable Funeral Home Budgets
- Specialist in FTC Compliance & Funeral Home Pricing
- Partner in accounting service for funeral homes (1987-2004)
- Partner in Heartland Funeral Solutions, LLC- Accounting, consulting, and tax planning for funeral home owners
- Recognized as "one of the nation's top business advisors to funeral homes for the past 20 years" (FSI June 2003)
- Noted speaker (NFDA, CANA, ICCFA, Order of the Golden Rule, Selected Independent Funeral Homes, MKJ Marketing, Wilbert Funeral Services, FCS Worldwide, PFDI, various state and local associations)
- Frequent contributor of funeral business articles appearing in The Director and American Funeral Director magazines
- Author of ‘Listening to Cremation’ - the annual cremation study published by American Funeral Director magazine
- Member of: NFDA Exhibit Advisory Workgroup (1996-2010); Cremation Association of North America (CANA); International Cemetery, Cremation, Funeral Association (ICCFA); Death Care Management Council
- Licensed Sponsor - Funeral Director & Embalmer Continuing Education - Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation
- Faculty Member of ICCFA University
- Certified Management Consultant® from the Institute of Management Consultants-USA
- Bachelors' Degree in Communications from California University of Pennsylvania